Enter Father Laurence and Romeo

(St. Francis Assisi Church, New York Father Laurences Chambers)

Father Laurence
Im sure that heaven is delighted that you two have decided to get married, my son, but Im praying that this wont end tragically.  You know how bad things are between your families. I still dont understand why your businesses have to compete so ruthlessly when you can cooperate.

Romeo
I know. But Im sure I want to do this. I can assure you Juliet thinks the same. Tragedy will come if it will, but the sadness that it might bring doesnt compare with being with her. It doesnt matter if we die tomorrow, our businesses fail or if we are disinherited because of this. We can move to California and start anew or even be farmers in Wyoming. I dont care. Im sure Ill be content whatever happens after you marry us. As long as Im with her, Im sure everything will be fine.

Father Laurence
You are being too hasty, my son. Listen, if you do things to rashly, things will end rashly as well. Think things through. Look, love is like a business decision. Correct me if Im wrong, but dont you think things through slowly when investing in the New York Stock Exchange As far as I know, and Im sure you know this more than I do, you dont just put in your money in something that seems too good to be true without studying it. The returns might look pretty upbeat until things take a turn for the worse. Its the same with love, my son.

Enter Juliet
Ah, Juliet. Youve finally come. You look very beautiful tonight.

Juliet
Good evening, father. Im sorry Im late. I just came from a family business meeting, and of course, the famed New York traffic. I just have to show myself there so my family wont suspect a thing.

Father Laurence
I was afraid this arrangement would come to nothing if you had been any later. The good news is that you came. I believe Romeo will thank you in behalf of the both of us for coming despite you busy schedule.
Juliet
I thank him as well for going this far and freeing-up his own schedule for this. Im sure hes also busy with his familys business affairs. But really, he thanks people too much. He really shouldnt thank me. I want this too. I wouldve asked for his hand too if I were the man.

Romeo
Juliet, Im you dont know how happy I am that you agreed. I can only hope you can feel the happiness that Im feeling right now. I cant tell you how much I love you so much Just being with you is like listening to the sweetest music or like tasting the sweetest, most expensive desert Serendipity has to offer. And to be married to you like this makes it a hundred times better than that

Juliet
You dont have to say these things to me, Romeo. If you really love me, show it. Dont say it. Ive had enough with the liars in the business world and I dont want you to remind me of those snakes. If you really love me, just show it. Its what I will believe. And as for me, thats how you will know that I love you. I wont tell you how much. I will show it. Because I believe when you really love someone, it cant be described in words. I know you love me, Romeo, so stop saying it and start showing it.

Romeo
Alright, I will.

Father Laurence
My son, my daughter, we can save your little banter for later. Right now, we have to finish what you both came here for. We are running out of time. Sooner or later, your families will start looking for you. If you want to be joined in holy matrimony, lets do it quickly, shall we

Romeo
Im sorry, father.

Father Laurence
Are you ready

Romeo and Juliet
Yes, father.

0 comments:

Post a Comment